Tuesday, March 6, 2012

IN FASHION NEWS




  I won't be doing any style post today because I look like Rihanna having a bad day. I had a horrendous day. I will however make it up to you by doing a style post on each outfit I wear for the Arise Magazine fashion week, which I will be attending on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yes. I can only make the last three days, this is midterm week (how convenient). So while I have been busy studying and attending classes, here are a few things that have been going on in the fashion world

-Arise Magazine fashion week Lagos and Mercedes Benz fashion week South Africa are both happening this week

- Jourdan Dunn and Leomie Anderson took to twitter to complain about how painful Kanye's shoes are. My advice Suck it up! and walk. Stop trying to give my Man Yeezy bad publicity.

- Kanye will be showing his much anticipated second collection at Paris this evening.

- Remember Kris Humphries curvy sister Kaela from Kourtney and Kim take New York? Well she is now signed to Ford's plus size model division. Being on TV has it's perks.

- Emilio Cavallini, Elite hosiery retailer tells WWD that panty hose purchase by Men for Men now accounts for 2 to 3 percent of their annual sales. This means y'all should get ready for guys parading in panty hoses

- Apparently Marc Jacobs doesn't see the need to pay his models, 17 year old Hailey Hasbrook took to her blog to complain about not being paid. Senor Marc replied by tweeting "if they don't want to work with us they don't have to"

- Nicole Farhi yesterday revealed a supposed "Secret" (snorting) that designers pay celebrities to occupy their front row seats and everybody is treating it like some big Scandal.


- And for the most bizarre news in fashion this month, Alexander Wang is being sued for 50 million dollars by one of his employees, a 57 years old Woman,  Wenyu Lu  who is allegedly being forced to work 84-hour weeks in Alexander’s Chinatown studio.

I know right?!! So much dramaaaaaa!!!

SOURCES
THE CUT
FASHIONISTA.COM

KISSES!!