Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sincerely, The African Child

Dear Doll Factory,
   I don't understand why my dolls don't look like me, does that mean I look bad? Their clothes are different from mine, does that mean I should stop wearing mine? My hair isn't like theirs, does that mean I should relax my kinky hair to make it look like theirs? I am not as skinny as my barbie doll, so should I stop eating? I'm really confused doll factory please reply me.
 Sincerely,
The African Child.


  I don't know if anybody ever got this message or maybe they just ignored it. But just last week while surfing the web, I came across real Nigerian dolls, I don't mean those dark barbie dolls with white features. Like real Nigerian dolls with Nigerian names. They were so beautiful that I wanted to be a child again so I could own one, They were created by Taofick Okoya. Imagine the kind of mentality our generation could have had if we had played with this instead of barbie dolls. See for yourself;












PHOTO CREDIT: http://www.gidilounge.com/


KISSES